Wednesday 25 March 2009

Slam!

I love my flat. I really do. But I hate my neighbours. Apparently, the only way they know to close a door is to SLAM it shut REALLY LOUDLY, every single friggin time. There must be at least 5 people staying in that unit across from mine who come home (or leave) at different times everyday thus antagonising me several times a day. Each time, the loud bang resounds through my flat and rattles the unbelievably thin walls.

Once, a lady from said unit came to knock on my door to complain that my TV was too loud. I told her that I wasn't watching TV and that I'd only been playing songs on my computer. I even invited her to step in to ascertain that the sound had not come from my flat. Satisfied that I was not the inconsiderate one, she smiled and left. Later that evening, she found out where the TV sound was really coming from. Having failed to speak to the culprit, she then proceeded to get even by annoying the hell out of the loud TV fellow. This was done by creating an even bigger racket which involved stomping up and down the stairs in her flat (hers is a duplex) and knocking something which I assumed was a broom against her walls and floor, all the while oblivious to the fact that instead of ironing out the initial problem, she had now become part of the problem, if not an even bigger one. To be honest the TV hadn't bothered me that much. Yes, it was loud, but not to the point of being a disturbance. Door-slamming-and-broom-knocking lady, on the other hand, was a different story. Obviously subtle was not a word in her dictionary.

Yes, you guessed it. The door has just been slammed again.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand

Michelle said...

yeah, i was much too annoyed last night to relate it to u coherently.

Unknown said...

No worries ^ _ ^

Buddhaphish said...

hahaha... my neighbours happens to be my landlords too and the space that separates the two small houses is no more than six feet. Which means I get to hear Uncle screaming on top of his lungs to his dear wife for his morning drink at around 5 something am., his brat warming up his motorcycle at around the same time, just below my bedroom window, and yes Aunty loves using my porch to hang her washing. Can't wait to move next month!

Kak Teh said...

hi Michelle, came here via Sharon's. Can I link you in my blog?

Michelle said...

Hey Buddhaphish! I guess by now you would've moved. Hope your new place doesn't have neighbours who constantly make their presence felt in less desirable ways ;)

Hi Kak Teh, yes, do feel free to link.